Travel Grant now closed for submissions. Winners announced October 2.
Proteintech is proud to support researchers by offering 2 x $1000 travel grants to attend the 2018 SFN annual meeting this November in San Diego, USA.
The travel grant is open to PhD students, lab managers and post-docs based at universities or research institutions in the US and Europe. The $1000 grant may be used for the cost of registration, accommodation and travel to San Diego.
For your chance to win, complete the entry form below, including a summary of your research or SFN abstract. The two most interesting and innovative abstracts will be selected by a panel of scientists.
The deadline for entries is September 17 2018, so don't delay! We will announce the winner on October 2 2018.
FAQs and terms and conditions can be found below.
Travel Grant now closed for submissions.
1. Who can enter?
The travel grant is open to PhD students, lab managers and post-docs based at universities or research institutions in the US and Europe. Scientists from private companies are not eligible to enter the competition.
2. When is the entry deadline?
The deadline for all entries is September, 17 2018.
3. How do I enter?
By completing the entry form, including an abstract of current research.
4. How will the winners be picked?
Proteintech has assembled a group of academic peers to pick the winners based on which research abstracts they deem most interesting in the field of neuroscience research.
5. When will the winners be announced?
The winners will be announced on October 2 at ptglab.com, Proteintech social media and via the Proteintech email newsletter. The winner will be emailed by a representative from Proteintech before this date.
6. What expenses can I be reimbursed for?
Proteintech Group will cover the cost of accommodation for the duration of SFN, your return airfare to San Diego, and a full delegate registration pass up to the value of $1000.
8. How will I be reimbursed?
Once proof of payment for each expense has been received, Proteintech Group will issue a check to the winners for the total amount spent on the expenses covered.
9. When will I be reimbursed?
Proteintech Group will reimburse the winners within seven days of receiving proof of payment.
10. Can I be reimbursed if I have already paid for my travel, etc?
Yes. Proteintech Group can still cover the costs if you provide receipts of the itinerary you have already booked.
11. What is the total amount I can receive to cover my costs?
The travel awards offered will cover costs up to a total amount of $1000 for each winner. Entrants are only eligible to receive the accommodation, travel, and registration costs pertaining to the SFN meeting. If the total amount of these costs does not reach $1000, the entrant is unable to claim the remaining balance.
12. Will the winners be required to do anything after the announcement?
By submitting an entry for the competition, all entrants agree to participate in all promotional opportunities, including, but not limited to, press releases, media interviews, advertisements, social media, videos, etc. For any further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and conditions
- Only applicants from Universities and Research Institutions are eligible to take part in this competition.
- This award will cover only the cost of registration, accommodation, and transport to the SFN 2018 meeting, to the total value of $1000. Any remaining balance available after these costs have been covered is not transferable and cannot be used for other expenses.
- By taking part in the competition, you agree to take part in any marketing and PR activities that Proteintech deem necessary. These may include the following: An interview, featuring on Proteintech blog/website, and associated press releases.
- The deadline for entries to be submitted is September, 17, 2018. Any applications submitted after this date will not be eligible.
- Applicants can only submit one entry. Any further entries will not be eligible. Applicants must complete the application form in full.
- The applicant must be available to attend the SFN meeting in San Diego between November 3-7 2018. The travel grant applies only to the SFN 2018 meeting. The reimbursement cannot be used for any other meeting.
- The winning applicants will receive this travel grant via reimbursement from Proteintech Group.
- The recipient must provide receipts for their SFN registration, accommodation, and travel to receive reimbursement.
- The recipient will receive reimbursement within 7 days of proof of expense being obtained.
- The reimbursement can only be paid to the individual or institution that originally paid for the travel expenses, registration and accommodation.
- The winners will be decided by the Proteintech scientific writing team and an assisting group of scientific peers. The winning entries will be the abstract deemed most interesting by the panel.
- The decision on which applicants win is at the discretion of Proteintech Group and their decision is final.
- This competition is not affiliated with SFN-sponsored travel awards in any way.
If you have any questions, contact us now via Live Chat