AACR 2017 Travel Grant Competition
AACR Travel Grant competition winners announced!
Congratulations to Anantha Marisetty and Dhanya Nambiar, winners of the Proteintech AACR Travel Grant Competition.
Both winners have been awarded $1000 each to attend the AACR annual meeting in Washington D.C.
The winning abstracts will be made available in the coming days. Thank you to all who entered the competition. Check back for more competitions and travel grants on our company news section and social media pages.
Proteintech is proud to support young cancer researchers by offering 2 x $1000 travel grants to attend the AACR annual meeting this April in Washington D.C.
The travel competition is open to any scientist planning to attend the AACR 2017 meeting and offers 2 x $1,000 awards towards the cost of registration, travel, and accommodation in Washington D.C.
Entry Deadline: March, 6 2017
Winner Announcement: March, 13 2017
Look out for updates and announcements via our social media pages. @proteintech.
Full terms and conditions can be found below.
Travel Grant Competition FAQs
1. Who can enter?
Any scientist planning to attend the AACR 2017 meeting in April can enter the competition. However, they must be based at a University or research institution. Scientists from private companies are not eligible to enter the competition.
2. When is the entry deadline?
The deadline for all entries is March, 6 2017
3. How do I enter?
Please complete the entry form below, including an abstract of current research.
4. How will the winners be picked?
Proteintech has assembled a group of academic peers to pick the winners based on which research abstracts they deem most interesting in the field of cancer research.
5. When will the winners be announced?
The winners will be announced on March, 13 at ptglab.com, Proteintech social media and via the Proteintech email newsletter. The winner will be emailed by a representative from Proteintech before this date.
6. What expenses can I be reimbursed for?
Proteintech Group will cover the cost of accommodation for the duration of AACR, your return airfare to Washington D.C, and a full delegate registration pass up to the value of $1000.
7. What happens if the 200 entry limit is reached before the deadline?
To make sure that your abstract gets the attention it deserves, we have limited the number of entries to 200. Once the limit is reached, the landing page will be taken offline and you will no longer be able to enter.
8. How will I be reimbursed?
Once proof of payment for each expense has been received, Proteintech Group will issue a check to the winners for the total amount spent on the expenses covered.
9. When will I be reimbursed?
Proteintech Group will reimburse the winners within seven days of receiving proof of payment.
10. Can I be reimbursed if I have already paid for my travel, etc?
Yes. Proteintech Group can still cover the costs if you provide receipts of the itinerary you have already booked.
11. What is the total amount I can receive to cover my costs?
The travel awards offered will cover costs up to a total amount of $1000 for each winner. Entrants are only eligible to receive the accommodation, travel, and registration costs pertaining to the AACR meeting. If the total amount of these costs does not reach $1000, the entrant is unable to claim the remaining balance.
12. Will the winners be required to do anything after the announcement?
By submitting an entry for the competition, all entrants agree to participate in all promotional opportunities, including, but not limited to, press releases, media interviews, advertisements, social media, videos, etc. For any further information, please email email@example.com.
Terms and conditions
- Only applicants from Universities and Research Institutions are eligible to take part in this competition.
- This award will cover only the cost of registration, accommodation, and transport to the AACR 2017 meeting, to the total value of $1000. Any remaining balance available after these costs have been covered is not transferrable and cannot be used for other expenses.
- By taking part in the competition, you agree to take part in any marketing and PR activities that Proteintech deems necessary. These may include the following: An interview, featuring on Proteintech blog/website, and associated press releases.
- The deadline for entries to be submitted March 6 2017. Any applications submitted after this date will not be eligible.
- Applicants can only submit one entry. Any further entries will not be eligible. Applicants must complete the application form in full.
- The applicant must be available to attend the AACR meeting in Washington D.C between April 1-5 2017. The travel grant applies only to the AACR 2017 meeting. The reimbursement cannot be used for any other meeting.
- The winning applicants will receive this travel grant via reimbursement from Proteintech Group.
- The recipient must provide receipts for their AACR registration, accommodation, and travel to receive reimbursement.
- The recipient will receive reimbursement within 7 days of proof of expense being obtained.
- The reimbursement can only be paid to the individual or institution that originally paid for the travel expenses, registration and accommodation.
- The winners will be decided by the Proteintech scientific writing team and an assisting group of scientific peers. The winning entries will be the abstract deemed most interesting by the panel.
- The decision on which applicant’s win is at the discretion of Proteintech Group and their decision is final.
- This competition is not affiliated with AACR-sponsored travel awards in any way.